Friday, September 17, 2010

home inspiration

I have lots of remodeling/revamping on my mind...I guess it's the hint of fall that is in the air - or at least it was on Monday morning a little. I loved Cottage Living magazine and I miss it. I think my ideal house would be a cottage with a porch that wraps around just one side. Anyways, here are some things that make me happy when I look at them. I think we will definitely have to go with white cabinets and white subway tile in our kitchen when the time comes to re-do it. It seems to be the only kitchen style that I love every time I see it.

Wouldn't it be fun to paint your piano to match your room?

Cottage Living

Southern living

Cottage Living

Southern Living

Southern Living

Cottage Living

I especially love the different colored island in this picture!! It's fun to dream...

2 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...

I love those big islands in kitchens. Great for storage, entertaining, and prepping. Love the new picture up top;)

Beth said...

I'm so glad you posted that picture of the green kitchen and white cabinets. My kitchen is a limey green and I have been thinking about painting the cabinets white. In the picture, it looks great! I think I will!!!! {If I can find some little fairies!}