Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cotton Christmas

Grandmother Cotton lovingly makes everyone a Christmas stocking when they are born. If you marry into the Cotton family, your name goes onto your spouse's stocking. So my name has been up there for seven years now. Chase's will hit the 30 year mark this Christmas. So far it looks like there are 28 to 30 stockings over the fireplace. Wow!! We always have fun each year when we check out what they are filled with. Grandmother also draws names for each of us to give $5 "stocking stuffers." It's fun to try to find something for $5, and this way everyone is involved. Next year, Raine's stocking will have fresh paint on it. :) We are looking forward to adding Lauren to our family in June. God has blessed my family so much in every way. I am so thankful for His Son and His grace and mercy.

6 comments:

ArtManWes said...

How neat! Aren't family traditions wonderful?

Elizabeth said...

I love family stuff! That is so neat all those stockings - that deserves a picture in like Southern Living or something! I love your signature. How did you do that? It looks really neat!

Shonna said...

We have a similar tradtion at my grandmother Wiggins' house...I love family tradtions!!

Can you send me your email address? Thanks...reeves@andycable.com!

Sherry said...

Wow! that's the most stockings I've seen on a mantel! Last yr. I had 9 and I thought that was a lot. We put stockings up for our pets! Isn't that silly?

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...

Hi LeAnne! There sure are a lot of stockings- what a neat tradition!

Sherry said...

thanks, leanne. i put her on my favorites. is this a friend of yours? how do you sign your name like that? your blog is really cute!