Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Summer Fun...

Sunday was fun. First we made homemade lemonade. It was better than I imagined! I'm not much for lemonade, but I enjoyed this batch so much. However, with lemons at $0.42 each, we will not make this too much of a tradition. I wonder if we could grow a lemon tree here.

Once our lemonade passed the taste test, we packed a couple of lemonade filled sippy cups and went swimming at Mrs. Taylor's pool and tried out Savannah's new Puddle Jumper. We will definitely be getting another one for Crews as well. Savannah jumped off the diving board so many times that I lost count. Every time she would say, "don't let my head go under, okay?"

I did not take our camera to the pool, but I wish I had. Here are a few pictures of Savannah and Crews riding their scooters. They have enjoyed those things, inside the house and out!

make homemade lemonade

swimming

ride bikes and scooters

eat home grown bellpepper/tomatoes

There will be many repeats of these activities, it's just nice to live this summer with "intention" - as the McMaths would say. ;)

4 comments:

ArtManWes said...

Your kids always look so happy and like they get along so well. Please tell me that they have meltdowns sometimes??!!

Is that your backyard in those pics? It's so big and nice! Where do you guys live?

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...

You are doing great on your list;) My Mom is trying to grow a lemon tree at her house in Andalusia and it seems to be doing pretty good- it is in a pot right now but when I watered it on Monday when I was in Andalusia it had some baby lemons on it.

Sherry said...

Wow! Looks like you're having a busy but fun summer! Your children are beautiful, LeAnne:) could you please tell me how you sign your name on blogger? I would love to add some little cute things to my blog(s) and am computer challenged at times.

Tara Harden said...

I love your summer list! What a great idea.... Maybe when Porter starts speaking English we can make a list too. And I've been loving your pictures at the top. Such great pictures. How do you do the collage? I may have to do one when I get some good pics.
On another note, we'll be around the corner neighbors soon! We are trying to get the painting and bathroom finished so we can move. Only one more week of work....