Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Fun

We started our summer list today. First we made sidewalk paint with cornstarch, water, and food coloring. It turned out well. But, wait...I hear a "rellacopter!" They realized that it was more fun to pour the paint out and spread it around than the usual method of painting. Here's the finished product.... Then we admired our tomatoes... and bellpeppers.... Then we started to tie dye. There was a huge down pouring of rain, so we had to move our efforts to the carport. I soon realized that maybe the tie dying is not age appropriate for a 4 year old. We both have permanent dye on our hands and legs. It will be worth it when Savi and Crews can wear our creations....

make sidewalk paint

tie dye

Next up, home made lemonade!

5 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...

yay! I like the idea of making a list of fun to accomplish!

Lori Griffin said...

What FUN! Have a great summer!!

ArtManWes said...

Fun stuff, LeAnne! You forgot to add "Trip to Florida to visit Amanda" on that list.

LeAnne said...

Savannah has already decided that we should move next door to Disney World, so I know it won't be long before we are down your way. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You're like the Martha Stewart of summer vacation. I think Addison wants to move to your house so she can do a craft everyday. David and I are running out of ideas.